24 Jan Launch of reference yeast probiotic for sustainable poultry production
Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ offers feed efficiency and performance benefits
Atlanta, USA (January 24, 2023). Phileo by Lesaffre announces the poultry sector launch of its successful Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ probiotic which will be unveiled at the International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta (January 24-26, 2023).
Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+, which is a successful and valuable probiotic and is used widely across the ruminant and swine sectors, is now being released for use by the poultry industry.
The unique Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ microspherule form has been developed to deliver intrinsic resistance in pelleting feed to combined temperature, friction and moisture without the need for foreign material coating. Actisaf Sc 47 HR+ has delivered feed efficiency and production performance gains in poultry trials across the world.
A wide range of benefits, confirmed by peer-reviewed poultry trials, include improved gut microbiota diversity, gut function and digestibility; improved feed use efficiency, reduced FCR, higher body weights, and enhanced survival rates.
“Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ has achieved worldwide success in ruminants and swine,” said Dr Alain Riggi, DVM, Phileo Global Poultry Manager. “We’re therefore delighted to now be able to expand the probiotic’s use to our poultry customers, based on detailed research evidence and a series of extensive global trials.”
The probiotic’s IPPE launch marks the beginning of a new phase in the journey of Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ as a multi-species brand, providing Phileo with the strongest possible start to 2023.
“We’re delighted to welcome this product into our poultry portfolio, offering our customers new levels of feed efficiency improvement.,” said Anna Crockett, Phileo’s North America Poultry Sales Manager.
- A 2021 peer-reviewed study (conducted by He et al.) showed Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ delivering positive effects on gut morphology in poultry with a significant increase in villus height observed at day 24. Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ was also shown to help birds achieve significantly improved villi height vs crypt depth ratio, compared to birds in both a control group and an antibiotic treatment group.
- He et al. (also in 2021) demonstrated the positive effect of Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ on nutrient apparent digestibility in birds. Compared to birds in a control group, this study revealed a significant improvement in protein and organic matter digestibility in birds in an Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ group.
- A U.S. study (conducted by TAMU) was carried out in 2022, during which birds were vaccinated at one day old with live coccidiosis vaccine, at a double dose; were fed a corn-soy diet with 5% DDGs throughout the study and were raised on used litter. Birds in two Actisaf Sc 47 HR+ groups (representing different feeding rates) achieved significantly better FCR, compared to birds in both a control group and an antibiotic group.
- Different poultry studies have demonstrated the positive effects of Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ on intestinal microbiota diversity, gut function, and nutrient digestibility. Trials conducted in the U.S. and China demonstrated that supplementing the diet of birds with Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ helps to increase body weight, compared to birds in both control groups and antibiotic groups.
- A 2022 field trial was carried out on a broiler farm in Eastern Europe. Broilers were floor-raised for 39 days in two houses. In the first house, the birds were fed a basal feed without yeast probiotic supplementation. In the second house, birds were fed a basal feed supplemented with 400 g/T of Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+. At D39, broilers in the Actisaf® Sc 47 HR+ group achieved better production performance across all parameters (body weight, survival rates, feed efficiency, etc.). The trial also yielded in an 8:1 return on investment (ROI) for the broiler farm.
We daily support our partners, from global industry players to family farmers, in their transition towards sustainable good practices. With them, we develop tailor-made solutions for preventive care allowing a limited and responsible use of antibiotics by mastering microbiota and immunity. Our shared ambition is to raise healthy animals while sparing planet resources and energy. Our rich collection of proprietary probiotic strains allows us to develop evidence-based solutions taking into account animal species’ diversity ranging from pets, livestock, poultry, fish to insects to overcome the increasing complexity of food production.
Let’s act with nature for animal care
Press contact Phileo by Lesaffre: Clementine Mariën – firstname.lastname@example.org